How to Reach GANGTOK:
- The airport nearest to Gangtok is about 124 kilometres away in Bagdogra, West Bengal.
- From the airport, you can hire a shared taxi or a private vehicle that will get you to Gangtok in a matter of two hours.
- The drive from Bagdogra to Gangtok is absolutely stunning with gorgeous mountains and River Teesta as your backdrop.
- From Bagdogra, you can also take a TSA helicopter to get to Gangtok in just 20 minutes. However, their services depend on the weather conditions.
- Chopper flights also get cancelled on the pretext of insufficient bookings.
- On an average it takes 2 hours of travelling depending on the Airways you opt.
- Indigo provides cheapest price to reach.
- The nearest railway station to Gangtok is about 148 kilometres away in New Jalpaiguri in Siliguri.
- The station is well-connected to major cities like Kolkata and New Delhi.
- From New Jalpaiguri you can take a taxi to Gangtok or go to Siliguri Bus Station and catch a state-run bus to Gangtok.
- It will take about 5-6 hours.
- Tourists rolling in from nearby places like Siliguri, Darjeeling, Kalimpong and Kolkata prefer to drive to Gangtok.
- Many buses are available from here.
- The roads are well-maintained, except in a few places.
- Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, also known as Guwahati International Airport, is the major airport in all of North East India.
- The airport is well connected with all the major cities of Indian and a few select international cities like Bangkok and Paro.
- The airport is about 20 kilometres west of the city centre.
- From the airport, you can book a taxi/cab or board a bus to get to the city centre or to your hotel.
- By Helicopter – Pawan Hans, a helicopter service provider, provides helicopter services from Guwahati to Shillong (30 min), Tura (50 min), Naharlagun (Itanagar), Tawang (75 min) and vice versa.
- On an average it takes 3 hours of journey.
- Guwahati Junction is the major railway station of Guwahati.
- Kamakhya Junction is the second largest station of the city.
- Guwahati is well connected with all the major cities of the country through rails.
- From the railways station, you can hire a cab/taxi or board a local bus to get to the city centre or to your hotel.
- Guwahati is very well connected with the adjoining cities and states through bus service.
- The three nodal points of Adabari, Paltan Bazar and ISBT Guwahati, provide bus services to towns and cities in Assam and adjoining states.
- Guwahati is connected to the states of Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal through National Highway 31 while Ntaional Highway 37 connects Guwahati with almost all the major cities of Assam.
- You can hire a cab and a driver to travel from nearby states or cities to Guwahati.
- The alluring scenery and the fun of a long drive will pleasure us.
- Guwahati is connected to National Waterways No. 2.
- There are quite a few luxury ferries that connect Guwahati to neighboring cities like Dibrugarh, passing through Kaziranga & Tezpur.