Assam- Meghalaya :
- It is one the most preferred area for the tourists.
- You can visit Guwahati, Kaziranga & Majuli in Assam, and Shillong, Cherrapunji & Dawaki in Meghalaya.
- This would take around 5–7 days Guwahati.
- It can be done round the year except that Kaziranga does not remain open during the monsoon season.
- Manas and Orang national parks are popular among tourists.
- From Manas national park you can also visit a part of Bhutan which borders Assam.
Arunachal- Tawang :
- If landing in Guwahati and want to see some snow peaked Himalayas then Tawang is the best place to visit.
- It is located close to 500 kms from Guwahati and generally it takes around 2 days to reach Tawang from Guwahati.
- It requires at least 5 days for a trip to Tawang from Guwahati.
- There are some more places to visit Madhuri Lake, Tawang Monastery and India China border at Bumla Pass.
- Sela pass lies on the way which is one of highest mountainous road in the Northeast.
- There you can enjoy Riverside camping and rafting at Bomdila which also lies on the way to Tawang.
- It is the most incredible place in North East.
- The nearest airport is at Bagdogra and in a few months Pakyong airport will be operational which lies very close to Gangtok.
- A few places in Sikkim are not accessible throughout the year so its best to check it before planning the trip.
- In Sikkim one can visit the second highest lake of India Gurudongmar Lake which lies at an altitude of 5600 meters.
- It is possible to visit the ancient silk route from Zuluk to Kupup .
- All four districts of Sikkim has something to offer for tourists.